EU REFERENDUM VIDEO: West Norfolk votes to Leave

1
Have your say

People in West Norfolk have voted two to one to leave the European Union as the national vote heads towards Brexit.

The results were announced at the Kings Centre in Lynn a short time ago.

King's Lynn and West Norfolk vote to leave the EU

King's Lynn and West Norfolk vote to leave the EU

A total of 56,493 votes, 66.4 per cent, were case in favour of Leave, with 28,587, 33.6 per cent in favour of Remain. Turnout was 74.75 per cent.

The result followed the earlier victory for Leave in North Norfolk, where a total of 58.9 per cent of voters backed Brexit in the referendum, with 41.1 per cent in favour of remaining. Turnout in the district was 76.86 per cent.

And 71.4 per cent of residents in neighbouring Fenland also voted to leave.

The most emphatic result in this region has been in South Holland, where 73.6 per cent of voters favoured leaving, with just 26.4 per cent backing the remain cause.

And the final result of the night in our area came from Breckland, where 64.2 per cent supported the leave side on a 74.3 per cent turnout.

Earlier, the count had been hampered by Results are still awaited in Breckland, where the count was hampered earlier in the night by flash flooding in some parts of the district, which forced the police to be drafted in to get ballot boxes to the counting centre.

Our video shows the moment West Norfolk’s result was declared at the Kings Centre in Lynn, shortly after 5am.