Family of teenager found on Royal Sandringham estate have endured months of hell

police pic alisa
police pic alisa

EXACTLY four months have passed since Alisa Dmitrijeva’s body was found in woodland on the Royal Sandringham estate on New Year’s Day.

But the family of Latvian-born Alisa have endured eight months of hell after the teenager disappeared last summer.

Before she vanished, Alisa had been partying with friends at Snettisham beach on August 30. She had also been spotted in Friars Street, Lynn, just after midnight on August 31.

She was seen getting into a green Lexus with two men, who claim they dropped her off at Asda in Wisbech.

Alisa, who was reported missing on September 6, had a wide circle of friends before her life was tragically cut short.

Her father Olegs, 10-year-old sister Victoria and grandmother Lidija Nesterova, of Railway Road, Wisbech, clung on for three months to the hope that Alisa was still alive until a dog walker made a gruesome discovery on January 1.

In a statement issued through the police at the time, her family said: “We are devastated by the news of Alisa’s death. We wish to grieve in private.”

Detectives launched a manhunt after the youngster’s remains were found in an isolated woodland off King’s Avenue, which runs between Sandringham and Anmer. The site is just a hundred yards from the Royal Stud.

Police were finally able to identify the youngster after building up a DNA profile and using a palm print scan held by Cambridgeshire police from a previous occasion. An earlier attempt at identification using DNA from a tooth, thigh bone and calf muscle failed.

In the weeks after Alisa’s body was found, officers appealed directly to the Eastern European community with a poster appeal.

In February, teams of black-clad officers scoured Snettisham beach for clues after police announced that the youngster had attended a party at the beach.

Speaking at the time DCI Jes Fry, who is leading the investigation, said: “Inquiries indicate that she was in the car park or in that area during the evening of August 30 and returned there in the early hours of the following morning.”

The following month, police announced that they had recovered the green P-registration Lexus in which Alisa was last seen.

The car was located at a Wisbech car scrapyard and forensic experts were testing it to see if it contained rare fungi spores found at the isolated woodland.

Experts had previously found a “very rare composition of spores from fungi” at the site, along with an unusual distribution of pollen.

Officers have also been reviewing hundreds of hours of CCTV footage recorded in Lynn and Wisbech.

Alisa, who was born in May 1994 and moved to this country with her family when she was 15, was described by police as a confident girl with many friends.

She enjoyed swimming outside and visited Bawsey pits, near Lynn, a popular spot for outdoor swimming even though it is banned there.

She attended the Cromwell Community College in Chatteris and was due to enrol as a student at the College of West Anglia’s King’s Lynn campus at about the time she disappeared.

The 17-year-old had previously studied at the college’s Wisbech campus and was expected to continue her studies by enrolling on a business course at Lynn.

Alisa was a student on an ESOL (English for Speakers of other Languages) course between September 2010 and June 2011 at the college’s Isle campus in Wisbech.