Residents of the small cottages at Castle Rising’s Trinity Hospital donned their traditional scarlet costumes and attended a special church service to mark the annual Founder’s Day on Saturday. The Hospital of the Holy and Undivided Trinity was founded in 1614 by Henry Howard, the Earl of Northampton, and offers housing for single, local women in need.
To mark Founder’s Day this year, the ‘sisters’ currently living in the almshouses, trustees and officials attended a service by the Bishop of Lynn, the Rt Rev Jonathan Meyrick, and enjoyed a special roast lunch.
Pictured at the celebration are, from left, clerk to the trustees Richard Waite, Ann Staley, Heather Scott, Dorothy Moon and Vicky Jackson. Photo: PETER BIRD MLNF15PB02202