A Sandringham hotel will be opening its doors to guests once more following a devastating fire.
Park House Hotel had to evacuate 14 guests after a blaze broke out in its kitchens on the evening of October 9.
The Leonard Cheshire Disability service hotel, which is the birthplace of Princess Diana, has now installed a temporary kitchen and is once more welcoming guests.
Hotel manager Tess Gilder says the opening has gone fantastically well.
She said: “The staff have been fantastic and pulled out all the stops.
“Everyone has done an excellent job and it just proves that training is so important.
“On behalf of staff and the Friends of Park House, we want to thank the community, the fire service and our guests for their support and understanding at this time.
“We immediately started the clean-up following the fire, and are now looking forward to getting the hotel fully opened to our guests.”
The Victorian country house was evacuated just before 6pm on October 9 after the fire alarm sounded in the kitchens.
Fire crews from Sandringham, Lynn South and Heacham attended to put out the blaze, using hose reel jets and a thermal image camera.
Crews had the fire under control by 6.15pm.
Thanks to the quick actions of firefighters and staff the damage was limited only to the small kitchen.
Guests were supported to leave the hotel the following day, with the offer to reschedule their holiday or get a full refund.
Within days of the fire, a temporary building was installed at the site to act as a kitchen during the repairs.
Meals are brought along a covered walk way to the main restaurant.
Mrs Gilder said: “It was very important for us to be able to get back up and running so we can look after our guests and ensure they have a holiday along with making sure that we do not disrupt the lives of their carers.”
The hotel began to welcome guests again from Monday last week but full service resumed on Saturday.
Park House, which opened as a hotel in 1987, is able to accommodate up to 22 guests with a range of disabilities including cerebral palsy.