Lynn hospital chief praises staff

Lynn News Web Site Fillers

Lynn News Web Site Fillers

0
Have your say

The Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s chief executive has praised staff for their efforts to minimise the effects of planned industrial action on the site.

A scheduled 24-hour strike by junior doctors was called off on Monday evening following talks led by the conciliation service Acas.

Tuesday’s governors’ council meeting was told that three outpatient clinics had been cancelled in order to maximise ward staffing levels if the walkout was held.

However, all other work had been expected to go ahead as usual.

And Dorothy Hosein said: “It’s times like this that a hospital shows it can really get together and teams mobilised and it’s really good to see.”

The action has been suspended until January to enable further talks to take place in a bid to find a long-term solution to the dispute.