King’s Lynn plumber died from an overdose, inquest told

Lynn News Web Site Fillers

Lynn News Web Site Fillers

0
Have your say

A Gaywood plumber died from an overdose after turning to drink and drugs following the breakdown of his marriage, an inquest was told yesterday.

Ryan Neale’s brain was starved of oxygen after he injected himself with heroin following a night of binge-drinking, the hearing at Lynn County Court was told.

The 36-year-old, of Blenheim Road, Reffley Estate, drank 15 to 20 pints with a friend, before they bought the class A drug and went to another friend’s flat to take it.

Norfolk coroner Jacqueline Lake said when the others “came to” they realised something was wrong called an ambulance.

Mr Neale was admitted to Lynn’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital that night, on April 24, but he died five days later.

A postmortem examination revealed there was also anti-depressant medication and valium in Mr Neale’s system, and it is thought he may have also taken cocaine.

The inquest heard Mr Neale had been to his GP to try and stop his binge drinking, and at his last review in April he reported having a much more positive outlook on life.

Recording a verdict of death due to drug and alcohol toxicity, Mrs Lake said: “This is a tragic case of a man allowing his life to be taken by drugs and alcohol.”