Some touring caravans should be able to stay at a North Runcton site for 12 months a year, West Norfolk planning committee agreed yesterday.
Members heard owners would not be able to occupy their mobile homes from January 4-31 each year but would not have to move them.
The village’s parish council feared the move would see an “incremental creep” towards permanent occupation and said: “Although the 54 caravans will technically still be mobile, in effect they will be static.”
King’s Lynn Caravan and Camping Park said planning consent had already been granted for similar proposals at other nearby parks. Other touring pitches at the North Runcton site would still be confined to stays of no more than 28 days a year.
Cllr James Moriarty asked how the residence condition would be policed.
Principal Planner Hannah Wood-Hardy said such restrictions were already widely used in the borough. Monitoring and enforcement would be carried out.