DCSIMG

No charges for trio accused of caravan murder of Downham Market man

Lynn News Web Site Fillers

Lynn News Web Site Fillers

Three people accused of the murder of former Downham man Sam Garcia have been released without charge.

The murder investigation was launched after the 26-year-old former Downham High School pupil was pronounced dead in a caravan in Little Burstead, near Billericay, during the early hours of May 6 last year.

Police said that investigations will continue into the death.

The Essex Police spokesman said: “We were contacted by the ambulance service shortly before 4am on May 6 following reports of a man found seriously ill in a caravan in Clock House Road, Little Burstead.

“Officers arrives at the scene where they found Sam Garcia being treated by paramedics, but the 26-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.”

Two men aged 29 and 30 from Canning Town in east London and a 34-year-old woman from East Ham, east London, were arrested on suspicion of murder and released on police bail pending further enquiries.

The trio have now been released without charge.

Essex Police said: “Although enquiries into the death of Mr Garcia continue, the three arrested have now been released and the file is being prepared by the coroner for the upcoming inquest.”

Mr Garcia was brought up in the Downham and Lynn area before moving to London in 2010, where he lived in East Ham.

He left a mother Karen and siblings, Chelsey and Cody,.

At the time of his death, Mr Garcia’s family described him as a “beloved son, brother, grandson and friend. A hard-working, humorous loyal and loving man. Loved and missed forever”.

The case is still being investigated by the Major Investigation Team based at Brentwood.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page