A mass walk has been organised along a coastal path weeks ahead of a public inquiry which will decide its future.
A planning inspector will be hearing evidence from Tuesday, June 10, on whether a section of footpath along Snettisham beach should be added onto the definitive map.
A row has been rumbling on in the village for a number of years over the path.
Snettisham Parish Council says the area was historically used as a footpath but was struck off the register during Second World War for national security reasons.
Norfolk County Council had agreed to make an order in April last year to add the section of footpath on to the map but referred the decision to the Department for Food, Environment and Rural Affairs after objections were lodged in a public consultation.
Notices have been placed on Facebook and around the village and nearby Heacham advertising a 1.5 mile walk along the application route on Sunday, May 5, from noon.
Snettisham Parish Council chairman Eric Langford says he will be supporting the walk.
Mr Langford said: “As an individual, I will be walking the route and would encourage as many people as possible to show the strength of feeling.
“I am hoping to see lots of people there.”
Mr Langford said the council is preparing its case ahead of the public inquiry, which will be held in the Memorial Hall.