Snettisham Parish Council is appealing for extra evidence of the public’s use of a beach footpath before its fate is decided at a public inquiry.
The parish council is looking for witnesses, photographs or other documents to establish that visitors and residents have been using the path for generations, particularly between 1979 and 1999.
A six-day public inquiry will begin on Tuesday, June 10, to decide whether the path should be added on to the definitive map.
The inquiry, which will be held in The Memorial Hall, Church Road, is hoped to solve the long running row. The parish council says the path has been used for generations while a group of property owners say it is private land.
Parish council chairman Eric Langford is now hoping to attract witness testimonies from across West Norfolk –and beyond – to help prove the case.
He said: “If people have artefacts or photographs of walking along there we would be pleased to take that.
“This is a very serious situation but we are confident the evidence we have got proves that this is a public right of way.”
A thousand protesters marched along the 1.5 mile route earlier this month.
If you have any evidence to help the parish council contact 01485 543721.