A primary school girl kept a cool head and dialed 999 when she found her mum unconscious at their Marham home.
Sasha Nutley was four-years-old when she called for an ambulance after mum Emma became unwell due to her heart condition in September.
Now Sasha, who has since turned five, has been presented with a certificate by East of England Ambulance Service to mark the maturity she showed.
Her mum Emma, who suffers from supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) which causes her heart to beat too fast, has praised her daughter.
She said: “I have taught her about when to phone 999, just in case, but this was the first time she had to call it.”
SVT is a condition which can create abnormally fast heart rate of over 100 heartbeats a minute and is created by a problem with the heart’s electrical system.
It is rarely life threatening but symptoms can include dizziness and chest pains.
With no-one else in the house, Sasha dialed 999 after finding her mum on the evening of September 6.
She was put through to call handler Lizzie Martin at the emergency operations centre in Norwich.
Sasha was unable to wake mum Emma and explained her mum’s symptoms.
She’d been unable to wake Emma for 30 minutes and spoke with Miss Martin until the arrival of an ambulance crew.
Mrs Nutley, 30, said: “My heart had gone really fast and I tried to bring it down, but it was so fast and I had chest pain.
“I felt my chest getting quite tight and got on to the sofa. I woke up to find paramedics in the house and I wondered what was going on!”
Sasha was presented with a certificate praising her outstanding actions during an assembly at Cherry Tree Infants School in Marham on Tuesday.
Mrs Nutley said: “Sasha was really excited about getting a certificate for what she did.”
Miss Martin has praised Sasha for her attitude during the call.
She said: “She was cool as a cucumber and answered all the questions I asked her and explained that her mummy had a poorly heart beat and she could not wake her.
“She did really well.”