A total of 130 happy youngsters from the Necton Voluntary Aided School faced the camera for this Lynn News “Pupils in the Picture” in January, 1974.
The school was originally built in 1866 and in 1968 a new block of offices and an additional classroom were added.
In June 1973, the school was further extended by four classrooms, an assembly hall, a modern kitchen and an administrative block.
An outdoor swimming pool was another new facility, having been opened in 1973 after fundraising efforts by a hard-working committee.
The head teacher at the time was Mr John Jordan.
Photo: MLNF MC4763. Copies of this photograph can be purchased online by going to the Buy A Photo link above.