These children in classes six and seven were the oldest pupils at Terrington St Clement Junior School in July, 1984.
Soon they would be moving to the High School, but they would not have to go far because it was just across the road.
The children, aged 11, were taught by Mr Roy Garner and Mrs Judith Pearson, the school’s deputy headteacher; Mr Tony Taylor was the school’s headteacher.
They had been working hard on a history project for the years 1936 to 1953. As part of that study they had visited the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, near Cambridge.
Photo: MLNF844423. Copies of this photograph can be purchased online at by going to the Buy A Photo link above.