One handed challenges at Hunstanton

Lynn News Web Site Fillers
Lynn News Web Site Fillers
0
Have your say

Guests and staff had to be evacuated after a fire broke out in the kitchen of the Park House Hotel in Sandringham on Friday evening.

Fire crews from Sandringham, King’s Lynn South and Heacham attended the blaze at the property, the childhood home of Princess Diana, at 5.49pm.

Firefighters had the incident under control by 6.15pm.

A spokesman for charity Leonard Cheshire Disability, which runs the premises to offer holidays for disabled guests and their carers, said: “A kitchen fire at our Park House Hotel was quickly brought under control after prompt action by staff and the fire brigade.

“All our 14 guests and staff are safe and well and we are offering them our full support.

“The fire has put the hotel kitchen out of use, so guests have been supported to leave the hotel today.

“They have been offered a refund or the opportunity to rebook their break at Park House or an alternative venue in future. We are planning to set up a temporary kitchen until the damage is repaired, and hope to resume service as soon as possible.

“Our head of operations is at the hotel to offer any assistance needed and assess the damage.”

As a result of Friday’s fire, a quiz night scheduled for October 15, organised by the Park House Companions, has been cancelled.

A spokesman for the group said they hoped other events planned for this year, including the Christmas Market and Galton’s Cookery Demonstration, will go ahead as planned.