West Norfolk’s Jordan and Chez are All Worth It

Jordan Bone, left, and Chez Rust who are involved in L'Or�al's latest campaign with the Prince's Trust called 'All Worth It.
Jordan Bone, left, and Chez Rust who are involved in L'Or�al's latest campaign with the Prince's Trust called 'All Worth It.

Two young people from West Norfolk have been inspiring others to believe in themselves after being selected as ambassadors for an exciting new national campaign.

Bloggers Jordan Bone, 27, from South Wootton and Chez Rust, 25, from Gayton, were both chosen to feature in a collaboration between L’Oréal Paris and The Prince’s Trust called All Worth It.

The partnership which launched last month has seen posters and videos of the pair, alongside the likes of Dame Helen Mirren and Cheryl, released to encourage self-worth instead of self-doubt.

The duo, who have both worked with the cosmetics giant L’Oréal before, were asked to talk about hurdles they have had to overcome for the campaign.

Jordan said: “I’ve been making YouTube videos since 2010, but I started taking it more seriously when I published my video ‘My Beautiful Struggle’ in 2015 when I shared more of my story.”

In the video, which now has more than 5.7 million views, Jordan shares the challenges that she has faced since a car accident left her paralysed from the chest down when she was just 15.

She said: “I want people to realise you may have a struggle but you can still have a great life. And this is what this campaign is about – helping more young people gain confidence.

“It’s really nice if I can talk about things that can help other people, raise awareness and use my platform in a good way.”

The three-year partnership between L’Oréal and The Prince’s Trust will see confidence sessions run across the country, in addition to online resources, in the hope of empowering 10,000 more young people.

Now the pair, who have a huge online presence as ‘influencers’, have hundreds and thousands of people engaging with them across a range of different platforms.

In his campaign video, Chez revealed he was released from a football academy aged 15, which knocked his confidence, meaning he had to start anew.

He said: “I now always get my followers messaging me asking for advice and tips. Since the campaign it’s been pretty mad – a lot more people have been wanting my help.

“I was more than happy to be a part of the campaign and seeing all the young people who have been helped by the Prince’s Trust has made me really want to get stuck in with them.”

On Wednesday, both were guests at The Prince’s Trust Celebrate Success Awards in London, hosted by Ant and Dec and attended by Prince Charles himself.

The ceremony celebrated the achievements of young people “who have succeeded against the odds and improved their chances in life”.

To find out more about the pair, go to: www.YouTube.com/user/JordanBone89 and www.chezrust.com.