Here are most of the 82 pupils who were on the register at Stoke Ferry Primary School – facing the Lynn News camera in May, 1973.
The school had been founded in 1819 and then new premises were built in 1853.
Pupils came from the village and also from neighbouring Wretton where the village school had closed a few years previously.
The headteacher, Mr George Coates, was pleased there had been an increase in pupil numbers – up from 50 at the start of the decade – which meant bringing in mobile classrooms to cope.
Photo: mlnf mc498. Copies of this photograph can be purchased by clicking on the buyaphoto link above.