Picture This: The wonderful lost Hippodrome
This glorious architectural extravaganza was the Theatre Royal Hippodrome in St James Street.
Every style of entertainment was on offer from melodrama through to comedy and musicals when this was taken about 1890.
By the early 1900 it was screening films too.
It was taken over by the Union Cinema Co. Ltd in 1928 but burnt down in 1936 to be replaced by a theatre, now the Ritz bingo hall.