Lynn author and school historian, Michael Walker is embarking on a new project. Since the publication of his book on Alderman Catleugh School last summer he has been working on a history of Gaywood Park School (1939-79).
This will complete his set of books on Lynn’s senior schools, having already written on Lynn Grammar School, King Edward VII, the Girls’ High School and Catleugh.
This photo shows Mr Emrys Davies and his staff in about 1950 at Gaywood Park. Mr Walker has some names, but hopes our readers may be able to fill in the gaps.
Also It would be really helpful if readers can send in memories they have of being at the school, especially about teachers, fellow pupils or particular school events.
Photographs of teams, classes or other groups would also be welcome.
The names given for today’s photograph are:
Back row: ?; ?; ?; Mr F J Seaman; Mr E J Guy; Mr H C Allen; Mr L R Turner; Mr P S Wisker.
Middle row; Mr B J Lane; Mr J S Gaukroger; Mr E G Haverson; Mr J B Beckett; ?; ?; Mr E Allsop; ?; Mr E G Fitheridge; Mr A C Gilbert; Mr D E A Macey.
Front row: Mr F H L Manning; Mr A G Skerritt; Mrs F L Shread; Mr O L Davison; Mr W E Davies; ?; ?; ?; ?.
If you can help, please contact Chris Hornby on 01553 817323 or email the information through to email@example.com and we will forward the details on to Mr Walker.