Awards night for Swaffham school as RAF Marham Wing Commander joins the celebrations
The Nicholas Hamond Academy hosted an awards presentation evening for students both past and present.
Wing Commander Stew Geary from RAF Marham was present to highlight the qualities of diligence and resilience.
Alumni of the school visited the school to collect their examination certificates gained during the summer, and to catch up with old friends and teaching staff over canopies and refreshments.
Notable achievements included Mitchell Titchmarsh, who was commended for his grit in achieving good GCSE exam results with the Overcoming Barriers for Learning award, and Maisie Clark, who won the Outstanding Achievement award after attending all revision sessions before going on to attain an excellent set of results.
The Principal's Award went to Chloe Ella after she attended and organised school functions, as well as spending her social time assisting younger students.
Principal Mark Woodhouse said: "It was wonderful to celebrate the many achievements of our students and the evening highlighted so many brilliant successes for both our past and current students.
"These successes have been achieved through a brilliant combination of talent, hard work and resilience.
"Every one of the students present on the evening has shown the qualities that have not only made them a success now but will also make them successful in the future."
Other students receiving awards on the evening were:
- Ruby Richardson (Creative Arts-The Alan Jones Cup presented by the Swaffham Rotary Club).
- Eva Bell, Lorna Pepperill and Luke Stevens (Science)
- Leila Guerrero (Geography)
- Meghan Daugherty (History)
- Chelsie Bradby (Leaders of our own learning)
- Joao Martins (Spanish)
- Huey Stibbon (French)
- Abigail Moat (Health and Social Care)
- Cortney-Rose Fitter (Child Development)
- Neve Gabriele (Hospitality)
- Maisie Clark (Business)
- Elisha McHardy (English)
- Jack Fulcher (Maths-award sponsored by Swaffham Lions Club)
- Toby Walsingham (Exceptional attendance)