Bungalow fire in St Germans

Fire & Rescue East Sussex
Fire & Rescue East Sussex
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a bungalow fire in St Germans last night (Wednesday, February 10).

Three crews were called to the Sluice Road bungalow after the 91-year-old woman had got out and raised the alarm.

The fire, sparked by a cigarette, was contained in the living room but the rest of the home was filled with smoke.

The pensioner was checked over by paramedics but did not want to go to hospital.