Back in April 1984, several of these children were at the start of their school journey and would stay at Marham First and Middle Schools until they were 12 years old and when they would transfer to the Hamond’s School at Swaffham.
Marham took youngsters from the age of four and at the time of the photograph had around 300 pupils including a number from the nearby RAF base.
The school was opened in 1955 for juniors and infants and was adapted for first to middle school education in the early 1970s.
The headmaster since 1965 was Mr Geoffrey Teall, who had a staff of 12.
Photo: MLNF 842043. Copies of this photograph can be purchased online by going to the Buy A Photo link above.