New arts and crafts store set to open on King's Lynn Hardwick Retail Park
An arts and crafts retailer is opening a new store in Lynn which will create 18 new jobs in the area, following over 460 applications for a variety of roles.
Hobbycraft is opening a store on Hardwick Retail Park on Tuesday, October 20.
Customers will be able to get a sneak preview of the new store on the Hobbycraft Facebook page on Monday, October 19, as store manager, Jenna McDonald will host a Facebook Live session to showcase the new store and product range.
A few members of the crafting team include Crochet experts, a knitting expert, and needle felting expert.
Bosses have said the safety and wellbeing of staff and customers remains the top priority as the store will ensure it operates in line with government guidelines and advice regarding the coronavirus.
The safety measures set out by the store include:
- A queue management system outside the store with social distancing markers
- A dedicated colleague will be appointed as door monitor to manage entry
- A limited number of customers allowed in store at any time, operating with one customer per aisle
- Two metre social distancing markers throughout the store
- A ‘sanitisation point’ on entry where customers are able to clean hands, baskets and trolley handles
- Checkout colleagues will be screened and appropriately spaced
- Customers are recommended to make contactless card payments – and the limit has been increased to £45
- All colleagues will be supplied with PPE including face visors, masks and gloves and all areas will have up weighted cleaning regimes
The store will offer customers a wide range of crafting products, and will also have a dedicated Custom Crafting area.
Custom Crafting is a new inspirational crafting area that introduces the digital personalisation Cricut tool to customers.
The space is designed to inspire shoppers as well as encourage them to try out products and crafting techniques. The retailer launched the areas as a trial in early 2019 and Hobbycraft is now installing a Custom Crafting area is all of its new stores.
Store manager Mrs McDonald said: “We are really looking forward to opening the doors to our King's Lynn store and share our passion for arts and crafts with the community.
"We’ve been working really hard to ensure that the store will be packed full of the most exciting crafting products, which will help our customers create handmade masterpieces, whilst keeping in line with the new government guidelines. Our new colleagues are all dedicated crafters and are ready to inspire and share their knowledge with locals of all crafting abilities.”
To find out more information please visit the Hobbycraft website at www.hobbycraft.co.uk.
The Lynn store will be open Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm.