Patients in West Norfolk urged to ‘use health services wisely this Easter'
Patients from across West Norfolk are being urged to help the NHS to help them by using healthcare services wisely over the weekend.
West Norfolk’s NHS clinical commissioning group (CCG) is reminding people that going to the right place for treatment and advice will mean they get the help they need more quickly.
For minor injuries and illnesses, people should self-care at home using a well-stocked first aid kit containing antiseptic cream, plasters and painkillers.
A wide range of healthcare advice on minor illnesses, infections, headaches, emergency contraception and coughs and colds is also available from pharmacies, many of which are open over the weekend.
If it is urgent but not an emergency, you can call NHS 111, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the freephone number is staffed by trained advisors who can offer advice or arrange for you to see a doctor or nurse if appropriate.
The minor injuries unit based at North Cambridgeshire Hospital in Wisbech is open from Monday to Friday, from 8.30am to 6pm.
Patients can turn up without an appointment and receive treatment for minor injuries such as minor wounds, burns or simple fractures.
In West Norfolk there will be a number of GP Hubs open over the Easter weekend for your registered GP Practice to book you into for a routine appointment if you wish.
The appointments being offered are pre-bookable only, and are part of the West Norfolk Improved Access Service.
The Improved Access Service runs several GP Hubs offering appointments until 8pm Monday to Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Mark Burgis, winter room director for Norfolk and Waveney, said: “By choosing well, not only will you get treatment more quickly but will also leave urgent care services free for people in greater need.”
These pharmacies in West Norfolk will be open over the Easter weekend.
For a list of pharmacies in Norfolk which will be open over the weekend, visit www.westnorfolkccg.nhs.uk.
- Boots, Dersingham, Friday 8.30am to 6.30pm, Sunday closed, Monday closed
- Boots, Downham, Friday 8.30am to 6pm, Sunday closed, Monday 10am to 4pm
- Boots, Hunstanton, Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm, Sunday closed, Monday 10am to 3pm
- Boots, Swaffham, Friday 10am to 4pm, Sunday closed, Monday closed
- Boots, Goodwins Road, Lynn, Friday 8am to 4pm, Sunday closed, Monday closed
- Boots, Heacham, Friday 9am to 4pm, Sunday closed, Monday closed
- Boots, High Street, Lynn, Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm, Sunday closed, Monday 10am to 4pm
- Boots, Hardwick Road, Lynn, Friday 8.30am to 8pm, Sunday closed, Monday 9am to 5pm
- Clock Pharmacy, Gaywood, Friday closed, Sunday 11am to 1pm, Monday closed
- Lloyds Pharmacy Inside Sainsbury’s, Hardwick Industrial Estate, Lynn, Friday 9am to 5pm, Sunday closed and Monday 9am to 5pm