Home   News   Article

Police ‘to act’ on Marham information



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


Detectives will act if they receive new information about the attempted abduction of a serviceman near RAF Marham exactly two years ago, police have said.

Today marks the second anniversary of the attack which sparked a nationwide manhunt and created headlines around the world.

But, although the case is not the subject of an active investigation at present, it still remains open.

Police news (3162071)
Police news (3162071)

This week, Norfolk Police said they had no update on the case and no fresh appeal was being planned.

But a force spokesman added: “We would act accordingly if new information came to light.”

The incident on Squires Hill on the afternoon of July 20, 2016, was the subject of a major police operation, including an appeal on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme, amid initial fears of a possible link to terrorism.

The serviceman had been out running when he was approached by two men, said to be of Middle Eastern origin. One was carrying a knife.

However, detectives subsequently ruled out a terror connection, though it remained unclear exactly what the motive might be.

Police previously said the inquiry had not uncovered any significant leads. However, they also stressed no evidence had been found to undermine the serviceman’s version of events.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More