No Syrian refugees have been re-settled in West Norfolk and a decision is still to be taken on how many will come to the county, councillors have heard.
Talks began last autumn to determine what contribution Norfolk would make to the national commitment to accommodate 20,000 refugees from the country.
And, during public questions at Thursday’s borough council meeting, resident Wendy Woo asked how many refugees the borough had offered to accommodate.
Council leader Brian Long said around 50 refugees, the equivalent of around 12 or 13 families, were expected to be re-settled in the county.
But, although a decision on whether to participate will only be made by Norfolk County Council later this month, he added Norwich had been deemed to be the most suitable area to accommodate them.
He said: “For that reason there has been no allocation to West Norfolk.”
The meeting was also told that the county council had taken a leading role in discussions on how to accommodate any new arrivals.
Mr Long said it was felt to be better for the refugees to be accommodated in a single area, rather than being split across the county.