Home   Sport   Article

King's Lynn Town make it back-to-back wins in the National League North

More news, no ads


King's Lynn Town 3 Hereford 1

King's Lynn Town made it back-to-back wins in the National League North by inflicting Hereford's first defeat of the season at the Walks.

First-half goals from Michael Gash and Chris Henderson was added to by Aaron Jones seven minutes into the second period as Ian Culverhouse's side produced a champagne display in front of another bumper four-figure gate.

Hereford did manage to grab a late consolation through substitute Mike Symonds, but Lynn were full value for their second win the space of five days.

Michael Gash wins a header. Picture: Tim Smith. (14895229)
Michael Gash wins a header. Picture: Tim Smith. (14895229)

The Linnets went into the game unchanged for the third successive match while Jason Pope came in to replace Martin Riley from the Hereford side that triumphed at Gloucester City in midweek.

And it was the hosts who offered the bigger threat in the opening quarter of the contest as Ryan Jarvis skied an effort over the woodwork from 25 yards in the seventh minute.

Six minutes later, Chris Henderson sent Adam Marriott away with a defence-splitting pass down the left and the Linnets striker saw his shot flash across the face of the Hereford goal.

The opening goal finally arrived in the 24th minute when Michael Clunan sprayed the ball out to the left and Nathan Fox delivered a perfect cross for Gash to find the back of the net.

The dangerous Fox unleashed a stinging half-volley inches wide of the Brandon Hall's left post as Lynn poured forward in search of a second.

Gash was at the heart of everything for the hosts going forward and the unselfish frontman teed the ball up on a plate for Chris Henderson to double Lynn's advantage on the stroke of half-time.

A fantastic save from Alex Street denied Hereford substitute Reece Styche a certain goal at the start of the second period before Aaron Jones' cross-cum-shot took a wicked deflection to find it's way into the back of Hall's net for Lynn's third.

Street was again at his brilliant best between the home posts to deny Jordan Nicholson a reply, but a consolation did arrive 15 minutes from time when Bradley Ash crossed for Mike Symonds to stab home.

The Linnets, who moved up to third in the early league standings with this win, travel to Brackley Town next on Tuesday night.

King's Lynn Town: Street, Jones, Fox, Smith, Fryatt, McAuley, Clunan, Jarvis (Richards 64), Gash, Marriott (Hawkins 80), Henderson (Kelly 72). Subs: Richards, Kelly, Payne, Carey, Hawkins.

Hereford: Hall, Hodgkiss, Pope (Styche 46, Symonds 62), Thomas, Cullinane-Liburd, Gowling, Nicholson, Jagger Cane, Liburd, Owen-Evans, Hanley (Ash 69). Subs: Maye, O'Sullivan.

Attendance, 1,148.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More