Home   Sport   Article

Dersingham Reserves progress in Norfolk Primary Cup

Dersingham Reserves began their Norfolk FA Primary Cup campaign with a 2-1 home victory over Northwold FC.

Dersingham will be looking to repeat their run in the competition from the 2019/20 season which saw them reach the COVID-affected final which was unfortunately cancelled.

Clenchwarton and Reffley Reserves also picked up victories in the competition.

King's Lynn Soccer School v Marshland Saints. (42745482)
King's Lynn Soccer School v Marshland Saints. (42745482)

There was also three Division One league fixtures take place, which included a closely contested 5-3 away victory for Heacham Reserves at Birchwood.

Ahmed Rhaouti (Heacham and Bradley Wilson (Birchwood) each claimed a double for their respected teams.

Denver picked up their first three points of the season with a 5-0 drubbing over Reffley; Nathan Powley, Matthew Wolfe and Callum Cottey amongst the scorers.

Another team who picked up their first league win of the season are Snettisham.

They hosted Gayton A, and two-headed goals from the experienced Mark Sainty was enough to claim the three points.

Division Two was a story of away victories, as all four games were won by the visitors.

Two goals from Arron Raven helped Docking to a 3-0 win at Dersingham Development.

AFC Lynn Napier Reserves bounced back from last week’s crushing to claim a 5-1 win at Ingoldisthorpe; Anthony Carlton taking the headlines with a hat-trick.

West Winch hosted a strong Upwell Town side, with the visitors coming away 6-2 winners.

However, Watlington have now scored 19 goals in their last two matches as they ran out 8-5 winners over a spirited Terrington side.

Dan Harpley, Josh Ford and Thomas Stone all managed to claim a hat-trick for their teams.

In Division Three, Docking Rangers defeated Terrington Reserves 6-4 with club legend, Carl Meek, registering two goals for the Maroons.

Marshlands Reserves and KLSC FC Reserves played out a 4- 4 draw, less their 24 hours after their first teams had contested the Division Two League Cup final.

There was also wins for Ingoldisthorpe reserves and Reffley reserves in their respected fixtures.

North West Norfolk

Football League

Division One

Snettisham 2 Gayton 0

Snettisham’s manager Liam Kerr managed his weakened squad to great effect.

Two pinpointed headers from the veteran Mark Sainty clinched the match.

It was a great game of football from both sides and it was well controlled by the referee, Andrew Cornwall.

The Man-of-the-Match was the youngest player on the pitch, Luke Thomason.

n See pages 60 and 61 for League Cup final report.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More