King’s Lynn Town chief Gary Setchell has pledged to support stricken midfielder Conor Marshall until his return to the field.
It was confirmed on Wednesday that Marshall will miss the remainder of this season with a cruciate ligament injury.
Marshall, who hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for the club since October, requires surgery on his knee following scans last week.
Linnets boss Setchell said: “Since Connor has been at the football club he has been first class and one of my most committed lads. He has had an awful six months recently after also losing his mother through illness.
“As a family football club we will be there to support Conor all the way until he is fit again to put on a Lynn shirt.”
It is the latest injury woe for the 23-year-old, who arrived at The Walks, on loan from Boston United, in March of this year. While with the Pilgrims, Marshall suffered a fractured cheekbone and eye socket, which forced him to miss the latter part of the 2014 campaign.
Tomorrow, the Linnets will be in home league action for the first time since early November when they host Frome Town at The Walks.
Lynn’s last Southern League Premier Division action on home soil came when they defeated Slough Town 2-1.
In further bad injury news Lee Smith limped out of training with a calf tear and will definitely miss the game, Sam Mulready will take part in a full training session and if he comes through okay he could be included in the squad.
Setchell said: “I can’t tell you how pleased I am to be at home after accumulating a few thousands miles travelling over the last few weeks.”
The Robins are currently languishing in 21st in the league standings.
Lynn’s trip to Cambridge City has been re-arranged for Wednesday, February 3.
Wroxham’s defeat of Yarmouth Town means that King’s Lynn Town Reserves will travel to Trafford Park in the quarter-final of the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday, January 9.
Sponsor news: back page.