Home   Sport   Article

Gash strikes as King's Lynn Town pick up deserved point at Aldershot in the National League

National League

Aldershot 1 King's Lynn Town 1

King's Lynn Town ended a run of three successive National League defeats with an excellent point at Aldershot tonight.

Striker Michael Gash was on target for Lynn as Ian Culverhouse's side finally got their just rewards for a string of fine performances in recent weeks.

It took a double substitution on the hour-mark to change the complexion of the match after Ricky Miller had given The Shots a slender half-time advantage.

Michael Gash. Picture: Tim Smith.
Michael Gash. Picture: Tim Smith.

The Linnets made one change to the team that started at FC Halifax with youngster Tai Fleming coming back into the side at the expense of Simeon Jackson who found himself on the bench.

Lynn once again in Hampshire with Cameron King at the heart of everything in the visiting midfield.

Skipper Michael Clunan saw a volley whistle over the home woodwork while Michael Gash, who should have been awarded a penalty after being kicked in the head by Lewis Kinsella, saw an effort deflected behind for a corner.

But despite more than holding their own in the opening half-an-hour of the contest, Lynn fell behind 14 minutes before the interval.

And to make matters worse it was a former Boston United player who opened the scoring after Ricky Miller turned on the edge of the box and curled a strike into the top corner.

Ten minutes before the break Sonny Carey unleashed a strike from the edge of the box which went wide of the home target.

Although Aldershot had two half-hearted appeals for a penalty waved away by the referee but it was Lynn ended the half well on top.

Fleming fired wide from an acute angle before King went close following an excellent run from Gash into the box.

Lynn's Kyle Callan-McFadden picked up the first yellow card of the evening for a late challenge on Jermaine Anderson shortly after the restart.

The Walks outfit continued to carve out opportunities with both Gash and Clunan going close to drawing the visitors level.

Lynn made a double change on the hour-mark with Alex Kiwomya and Michael Gyasi replacing Fleming and Gyasi respectively.

And Lynn's two replacements were both involved in the equaliser two minutes later as Kiwomya eventually squared the ball for Gash to finish past Mitch Walker.

Gash then teed up defender Elkan Baggott to scoop an effort over the woodwork from a corner as Lynn went in search of a winner.

It almost arrived 13 minutes from time when Denton blazed over with only the keeper to beat after a quick break by the visitors.

Gash was then foiled by Walker with two minutes remaining as Lynn were forced to be content with a point.

Aldershot: Walker, Sendles-White, Lyons-Foster, Rees, Panayiotou (Tanner 77), Nouble (Rowe 89), Anderson, Edser, Colombie, Kinsella, Miller (Bettamer 66). Subs not used: Hinds.

Booked: Nouble, Anderson.

Scorer: Miller 31.

King's Lynn Town: Richardson, Callan-McFadden, Clunan, Gash, Fleming (Kiwomya 60), King (Gyasi 60), Carey, Denton, Coleman, Baggott, Howard. Subs not used: Payne, Babos, Jackson.

Booked: Callan-McFadden.

Scorer: Gash 62.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More