Hosts King’s Lynn carry off team awards

Have your say

King’s Lynn Cycling Club hosted their 2-up and Solo 25 mile Open Time Trial on Saturday.

This was a BBAR, WERL and SPOCO Qualifying Event on the B25/33 course and race headquarters at Fincham.



Event secretary Mr Simon Hardy commented afterwards: “My thanks go out to all the marshalls, timekeepers, caterers and recorders.”

Prize winners were as follows, 2-up, Team: 1 Stuart Emmett and Adrian Whiting from Performance in a time of 1.06.08; 2 Rebecca Murley and Jane Holmes (Wisbech Wheelers 1.07.41); 3 Paul Hunt and Trevor Marshall (KLCC) 1.08.54.

Composite Team: Matthew Senter and James Senter (Peterborough CC and KLCC) 58.09.

Mixed Team: Elaine Roesner and Ken Roesner (KLCC and Lichfield City CC zipvit Sport) 1.12.25.

Solo, Scratch: 1 Daniel Bloy (Team Velovelocity 55.49); 2 Charlie Nurse (North Norfolk Wheelers 55.58); 3 Angus Jardine (Ipswich BC) 58.07.

Handicap prizes: 1 Richard Yates (Sleaford Wheelers CC. 45.56); 2 Gary Smith (Team Velovelocity 47.08); 3 Ian Short (API.) 47.34.

First Lynn Solo riders times: Steven Neill 58.29, David Procter 58.58, Justin Gyton 1.04.39, Miles Thomas 1.05.45, Simon Hardy 1.06.55, Chris Levy 1.08.17, Kay Burgess 1.14.12, and James Dewart 1.14.56.

l Wednesday, April 6 saw 17 KLCC members compete for points on their second TT of the season. Blustery and very cool conditions didn’t deter the riders. David Procter stormed ahead with a time of 22.49 with James Senter closely behind with a time of 23.54.

Other KLCC times: Justin Gyton 24.30, Ben Smith 25.02, Jonathan Kidman 25.10, Miles Thomas 25.26, Simon Hardy 25.33, Chris Levy 25.58, Martin Johnson 26.40, Richard Watson 26.43, Trevor Marshall 27.10, Paul Hunt 27.25, James Dewart 27.56, Alec Marshall (junior)30.34, Flo Thatcher 31.35, Peter Barber 33.44 and Sam May 37.23.

l Lynn rider James Senter took seventh place out of 40 in a tough Chelmer Road Challenge 3/4 in Chelmsford.

He said: “My first race of the season. This was a cat 3/4 race.

“I tried to keep with the top ten for the whole race and waited for the sprint finish. Two miles to the finish I started to suffer cramp in my legs.

“When going into the last mile it was a very narrow road with about 25 riders trying to fit to sprint for the finish. Myself and some other riders made our move too early so slowed up and the bunch caught up with us causing myself to get stuck in the middle.

“As I made space on the right hand side the left hand side riders made their move to sprint finish and I had to catch them up.”