Home   Sport   Article

Subscribe Now

King’s Lynn Soccer Club triumph in five-goal thriller against Watlington

Finally, the recent wet weather abated to allow the Mid Norfolk Youth League girls' divisions to go ahead in full.

The result of the day came at Kingsway, where KLSC Lionesses took on Watlington in the Under 12s.

Buoyed by picking up their first win a fortnight earlier, KLSC raced into the lead with a first-half Summer Ellis hat-trick, the first of which came within the opening minute.

Hat-trick hero Summer Ellis with her player-of-the-match award.
Hat-trick hero Summer Ellis with her player-of-the-match award.

Evie Drew pulled one back before the break. Watlington were in the ascendancy throughout the second half as they tried to restore parity.

Drew’s second of the game late on was not enough though, with KLSC taking a deserved three points with the 3-2 victory.

It proved to be a tricky fixture for Terrington, as they travelled to Heacham, who kept things even for much of the first half before Keelee Wright broke the deadlock.

Mia Choppen quickly added Terrington’s second.

Despite some impressive work from Heacham’s goalkeeper, Wright and Choppen were able to add another apiece, with Laila Ringer also bagging a brace and Poppy Allen adding one before the end. Eloise Herring and Evelyn-Rose Brennock both notched in reply for Heacham with it finishing 7-2.

Necton hosted Gaywood in the other Under 12 fixture.

It was a keenly-contested affair throughout, with chances for both sides in the first half, but neither side able to make the breakthrough.

It was Gaywood who got their noses ahead five minutes into the second half through Rosie Eastwood‘s low strike, and despite a massive battling effort from Necton, it was the away side who saw the game out, taking all three with the 1-0 win.

In the Under 14 league, Terrington came out on top at home to Watlington.

An Alice Todd treble was added to by Sophie Codrington (2), Summer Ringer and Megan Standing, with the match finishing 7-1.

Libby Peach grabbed the consolation for Watlington.

In the final match of the day, Weeting Saxon overcame visitors Gaywood 5-0.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More